Sunday, November 28, 2010
This morning wrote 604 words of a community college setting for Hilary to be teaching journalism in as backstory for her work as a reporter about to go interview PriceCuts HR manager about Jacki Jones, the glamorous homemaker's design maven, coming to the Lodi PriceCuts to launch her new furniture line in the fall of 2005.
Also, last week wrote her deep secret plagiarizing incident while a student at the Colombia School of Journalism.
onward! got to get this final version of House of Cuts done by end of March, 2011!!!!!
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Leaves falling now brought to mind this old poem:
GIFT FROM A GLASS GRAVE
From the library shelf
And walk down the aisle
Gripped by your line-drawn eyes
Through cellophane covering
Your Awful Rowing Towards God.
A shudder folds up my belly,
Gooseflesh dances my boundaries.
I am about to receive
These paper leaves
Ironed and inked,
Transformed from those we raked
Into outlined houses
Over the dead grass
Of childhood’s fall.
June Eleanor Skalisky Kimmel Comarsh (Gillam)
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Here are my interview questions to make Hilary more "real" for my readers and me:
Character Questionnaire 2
This questionnaire was invented by the noted French author Marcel Proust. These questions are frequently used in interviews so you may want to pretend you’re interviewing your characters.
- What do you consider your greatest achievement?
- What is your idea of perfect happiness?
- What is your current state of mind?
- What is your favorite occupation?
- What is your most treasured possession?
- What or who is the greatest love of your life?
- What is your favorite journey?
- What is your most marked characteristic?
- When and where were you the happiest?
- What is it that you most dislike?
- What is your greatest fear?
- What is your greatest extravagance?
- Which living person do you most despise?
- What is your greatest regret?
- Which talent would you most like to have?
- Where would you like to live?
- What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
- What is the quality you most like in a man?
- What is the quality you most like in a woman?
- What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
- What is the trait you most deplore in others?
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
- Whose are your heroes in real life?
- Which living person do you most admire?
- What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
- On what occasions do you lie?
- Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- What are your favorite names?
- How would you like to die?
- If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?
- What is your motto?
the #2 one said to have been used by Proust